LOW CARB CREPE RECIPE
Today I’m going to show you exactly how to make a low carb crepe recipe.
My approach to food cravings is simple. Whenever I see a recipe or food I want, I like to challenge myself to alter the ingredients and create a similar dish to fit my macros and satisfy my cravings.
Whether that is substituting a flavored protein for sugar or decreasing the serving size; when my cravings are satisfied, I’m more likely to stay on track.
One thing I like to make is a low carb crepe recipe in this blog.
WHY LOW CARB CREPE?
I use to order low carb crepe frequently whenever I was out for breakfast, so one day when I was craving them, so “Why not have them at home?”
After searching multiple recipes to get an idea of how they were made, then pieced together a recipe to fit my macros, and taste buds.
I always like to have a ‘base recipe’ that leaves options for different add-ins and toppings without breaking my macro bank.
Base Crepe Recipe: (yields 2 large crepes)
- 3 Tbsp Egg Whites
- 1/4 cup (30 grams) Whole Wheat Flour
- 1 Large Egg
- 90 ml Unsweetened Almond Milk
- dash of vanilla extract
- Crepe Pan
- Non-stick cooking spray
Macros: 21 C/ 5 F/ 15P
- Whisk all ingredients in bowl. Your batter will be very watery, this is normal!
- Heat crepe pan over medium heat until hot.
- Spray with non-stick cooking spray.
- Pour half of batter onto pan while tilting the pan in a circular motion so batter spreads out thin and evenly.
- Cook until batter is set, then flip. Sometimes the crepe will roll up on itself or fold over, no worries, just unroll it and cook another minute or so until all batter is set.
- Fill and/or top with desired ingredients & Enjoy!
By having a base recipe, you can now customize the filling and toppings to your taste buds, sweet or savory.
I tend to have a sweet tooth so I chose to fill my crepes with 85 grams of low fat cottage cheese mixed with cinnamon and then topped them with 30 grams of blueberries, 1/2 serving of powdered peanut butter mixed with water, and 2 servings of fat free whip cream!
Total macros WITH filling and toppings: 34 C/ 8 F/ 27 P
- Other filling/topping options:
- Scrambled eggs/egg whites
- Banana & peanut butter
- Yogurt, granola, and fruit
- Chocolate syrup, honey, maple syrup
- Protein powder icing
If you give the recipe a try, leave us a comment below! We’d love to hear your crepe creation of fillings and toppings!
Do you have a recipe that you’d like to share with other flexible dieters? We’d love to hear from you!!
We can’t wait to see what you’ve been cooking!
Would you like to get your nutrition & training questions answer from a coach? Head to our weekly Live Videos on our Facebook Page.
AND be part of our growing community of people just like you, to engage and have fun! Go to our Facebook Group to check it out!