Tuna, like most meat, can be used in a variety of ways. Some like it cold over a salad, some like it warm mixed in with pasta. Here, I’m going to go through how to make tuna into patties you could enjoy a on a bun, over greens, or on their own!
- 80 gram sweet potato
- whole egg (or 3 Tbsp egg whites)
- 10 gram dry oats
- 1 oz chopped spinach
- paprika and garlic powder to taste
- 3 oz canned Tuna (in water)
- Dice sweet potato into small cubes. Wrap in dampened paper towel and microwave for 1-2 minutes until soft.
- Place all ingredients into medium sized mixing bowl.
- Use a hand masher to combine all ingredients.
- Spray frying pan with nonstick spray over medium heat.
- Form tuna mixture into 3 patties and place in pan.
- Cook for 3-4 minutes or until golden brown, then flip and continuing cooking until both sides are golden brown.
Macros for Tuna Patties (with whole egg):
24 g carbs/6 g fat/24 g protein
A few topping/sauce favorites:
- Light mayo mixed with salsa (pictured)
- Laughing Cow Cheese
- Sugar Free Ketchup
- Dijon MustardThis recipe is easy to modify to fit your macros for the meal. If you want to cut down on fat or use a more fat content topping, swap out the whole egg for egg whites. If you’re a bit short on carbs, they turn out just as good with 50 grams of sweet potato vs. 80 grams. This is one of the great things about flexible dieting. It’s flexible, make it fit your taste buds and your macros!
If you have any questions or would like to add anything, please feel free to comment below. We’d love to hear your thoughts!
Would you like to get your nutrition & training questions answer from a coach? Head to our weekly Live Videos on our Facebook Page.
AND be part of our growing community of people just like you, to engage and have fun! Go to our Facebook Group to check it out!