OUT OF A MACRO?
Have you ever gotten to the end of your day and you find out that you’re out of a macro?
We have all had those days where despite our best intentions, we end up with some interesting macro combinations to try to hit at the end of the day. Don’t despair!
We are here to help you not only try to avoid that ”UH OH!” calculation, but stay on track when you do.
Say goodbye to being out of a macro again 😉
Low Carb, High Fat, High Protein
So you splurged and ate that whole bag of skittles, and didn’t adjust your other meals. As you sit down to dinner, don’t stress!
We have some ideas for you…
- Salad is a great choice. Fill it with cheese, meats, nuts, etc. The greens are a pretty low carb base, so you have some options here
- Lettuce wrapped burger or taco
- Bacon/sausage/ham and eggs
- Fattier cuts of steak and veggies
- Peanut butter blended with protein shake
- Cheese and other whole fat dairy
- Chicken/Tuna Salad
- Eating out option: Lettuce Wrapped IN and OUT burger
Low Fat, High Carb, High Protein
Fat always seems to go faster than expected, so it’s easy to find yourself in this spot:
- Teriyaki Chicken and rice
- Chicken, pasta, and red sauce
- Protein Pancakes
- Greek Yogurt/Fat free dairy
- Protein Shake and candy/popcorn
- Breakfast Cereal and milk
- Eating out option: Soba/Rice teriyaki bowl, or Sandwich Shop
Low Protein, high carb, high fat
This is the unicorn of dieting mishaps.
- Chocolate/peanut butter based candy
- Banana Bread
- Muffins/other baked goods
- Butter on Sourdough Toast
- Peanut butter and apples
- Eating out option: Ice Cream shop or bakery
High Protein, high carb, high fat
Some days we get behind, and have to catch up…..
- Tacos (adjust meat % and cheese to fit)
- Eggs/Omelet and Toast
- Most casseroles
- Chicken strips
- Eating Out Option: Pretty much any fast food place, just go with one you can track! The big thing here is portions
Low Carb, Low Fat, Low Protein
This one is no one’s favorite, but sometimes, we are still hungry.
- Salad greens with low calorie dressing
- Rice Cakes
- Eating out option: Stop at a grocery store and grab a container of berries or pickles and a diet soda. Remember these are not free foods, and need to be tracked also.
If you find yourself in any of these positions on a regular basis, you may want to look at how you are setting up your day.
If you plan your food the day before, you give up the spur of the moment macro freedom but also can eliminate a lot of food stress.
Also, try taking a few moments before your second to the last meal of the day to calculate your numbers.
If you wait until your last meal, you are stuck.
With two meals left, any issues can be spread out between the two.
Read our blog on grocery shopping for macro success to help set yourself up.
Having things on hand like regular, reduced, and fat free cheese (Same foods with different macro options) will get you out of many jams.
Egg whites, licorice, and olive oil on hand can be used to hit pretty much any deficiency you have when it comes down to it.
Hopefully this can help give you some ideas if you find yourself with less than ideal numbers to hit.
I’d love to hear what your go-to food choices are for these situations by commenting below!
If you have any questions or would like to add anything, please feel free to comment below. We’d love to hear your thoughts!
Would you like to get your nutrition & training questions answer from a coach? Head to our Live Videos on our Facebook Page.
AND be part of our growing community of people just like you, to engage and have fun! Go to our Facebook Group to check it out!