This recipe for protein pancakes is sure to satisfy pancake lovers of all kinds. Pancakes are a staple food for breakfast and are a form of comfort food for many. When you are on a diet or just trying to improve your eating habits in general, pancakes can come in at a high calorie/low volume food option that can leave us feeling less than satisfied with our efforts.
This option for a protein pancakes recipe gives you a higher protein, lower carb, and higher enjoyment of a much beloved breakfast food while staying on track with your goals! Besides that, this recipe is also easily customizable to each individual’s taste buds.
- Cooking Spray
- Mixing Bowls
- 100g fat-free cottage cheese
- 150g egg whites
- 32g Vanilla Protein
- 30g White Flour (or whatever flour you choose)
- .5 tbsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp Xanthan gum
- Measure out dry ingredients and mix in a bowl.
- Next, measure out egg whites in a separate bowl, and whisk slightly so they are a bit fluffy.
- Measure out cottage cheese in a separate bowl.
- Heat a pan to medium-high heat, spray with non-stick cooking spray.
- Mix together in a blender – this will help the cottage cheese blend with the other ingredients easier.
- If the mixture is too thick, add water (or other liquid of choice) in 1/2 tbsp increments until you get a pancake batter consistency.
- Reduce pan heat to medium heat.
- Using 1/4 cup scoop, scoop batter into the pan. This mixture may take longer to cook.
- After the edges are firm, flip the pancake.
- Spray with non-stick spray in between pancakes.
Macros: 55.4p, 29.2 c, 1.7 fat
- Customize with berries, flavored chips, toppings, and various syrups!
- Sub out white flour for a gluten free option if needed
- Sub out vanilla protein powder for a cinnamon flavored protein to mix it up
We hope you enjoy this Version #1 of our Protein Pancakes! We will be posting some more versions for protein pancakes soon, so stay tuned!